Is it just me, or does anyone else have this problem?

Amy G.
on 12/10/09 12:34 am - IL
I had my Realize band sx on 9/29/09   I am very pleased and happy with the decision I made to do it.  My only regret is that I didnt do it sooner!  I am down 2 sizes and 53 lbs...  YEAH!  I have only had 1 fill  1.5cc  and go for my next fill next week.

My problem is eating in the morning.  I have so much trouble getting anything down.  I feel so so tight in the morning.  I have no issues with lunch time or dinner time.  My typical breakfast is 1 large egg either over medium, scrambled or omlet style with 1 oz of some kind of lean meat diced and 1 oz of shredded low fat cheese.  I have tried putting some taco sauce on the eggs or ketchup to moisten them up more, but 2 bites and I am just stuffed.  If I spend an hour to 1 1/2 hrs trying to eat the eggs I can get them down.  But I dont have that kind of time in the morning cause of my job. 

Now I have found on the weekends, if I wait 2-3 hrs after getting up, I can eat fine.  

Does anyone else have this problem and why does the band feel so tight in the am?  I do plan to talk with my doctor next week about this issue.

Thanks!

Amy

tryingtoloseweight
on 12/10/09 4:42 am
I don't have this issue and just got my bad; however, would it work for you to have a protein shake in the morning? Perhaps liquids would go down easier and quicker? and then you could do food the rest of the day?
Kate -True Brit
on 12/10/09 4:51 am - UK
Hi, Amy, I don't belong on here - I just looked in to see how busy the Realize board is as I have never looked at it before (in fact I only just found there still was one! We have lots of Realize people on the band board and so I thought all the banded people came on to the same one!).

But as I am here, we lapbanders have exactly the same issues you do and being tight in the morning once you have restricition is really common. And many of us find eggs difficult anyway once we have true restriction.

Most of us just live with it and eat breakfast late! I have a very (very!) large skinny latte when I get up and then eat my first solid food about 11 a.m..

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

wildheart63
on 12/11/09 3:31 am - IL
Kate you welcomed me on your board so you can visit us over here anytime, as can all banders.....we are all in this together ...everyone givessuch great advice,
lori

Jennifer R.
on 12/10/09 5:37 am - Fullerton, CA
 Amy,

I haven't experienced this myself but many other do...I think it's commonly referred to as "First Bite Syndrome." The tips I've heard involved having a cup of hot tea before eating breakfast to loosen things up. Like Kate, I frequent the Lap Band board way more than this one so you may try asking there as well.

Good Luck!
Jennifer

Courage is not always a lion's roar. Sometimes, it is a small voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Diet Plans

"When you change the way you see things, the things you see will change."

clovett
on 12/10/09 5:46 am - farmingdale, NJ
 HI AMY, YES I HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING FOOD DOWN IN THE MORNING, SEEMS LIKE THE BAND AND MY STOMACH JUST DON'T ACT RIGHT(LOL), BUT WHAT I DO IS DRINK A PROTEIN SHAKE OR SLIMFAST SHAKE...THAT GIVES YOUR STOMACH TIME TO WORK AND STRETCH AND BY LUNCH YOU SHOULD BE READY TO GO...HOPE THE INFO WAS HELPFUL...YOUR DOING GREAT BY THE WAY....I'M A YEAR OUT AND I'M ONLY AT 52 LBS SO YOUR DOING WONDERFUL.
[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcA3oBn/]
[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wcA3oBn/weight.png[/image]
[/link]

Amy G.
on 12/10/09 8:22 am - IL
Thanks to all for letting me know that I am not alone.  I was at first worried that something might be wrong.  Finding something warm to drink might be the key.  I dont drink coffee or tea, but I might start drinking a warm cup of broth and see if that works to loosen things up!

Thanks Again!
tryingtoloseweight
on 12/10/09 10:19 am
If you like milk, skim milk with sugar free syrup (I like Hazelnut myself, but they also have vanilla, carmel and a few others) are terrific. You can by the syrup and make yourself or they sell at most coffee shops. Just make sure you get the sugar free syrup.
BooLicious
on 12/10/09 1:02 pm - PA

I drink a 12 ounce protein shake in the morning.  I actually do eggs and cheese for lunch a lot, cause I like them and get a lot of protein from them.   I actually just had that for dinner.  LOL  Just switch things up, you'll get it right and find what works.  :)

Boo

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

wildheart63
on 12/11/09 3:28 am - IL
Hey Amy,
 i see you had dr joyce also....isn't he wonderfull?
anyway i usually have a cup of coffee, or a cup of hot tea before i eat anything...i am always tight in the AM ...or sometimes i just have a NF SF LATTE OF SOME FLAVOR  and that will fill me up and i am good until lunch. , or i will still do a really good protein shake and that will tide me over as well.
hot liquid before eating is a trick for me to get my protein in. it works for me and that is what matters., not everything works for everybody.
try it all. lori

Most Active